Five up and coming RDNs are recognized for their contributions to the food and nutrition industry
CHICAGO (Oct. 22, 2018) – FoodMinds, a food and nutrition consultancy and division of Padilla, has announced its inaugural class of upwaRD™. The awards program was created to recognize registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs) who have recently begun their careers and are already making an impact in the food and nutrition community.
We proudly present our 2018 inaugural class:
- Valerie Agyeman, RD – Valerie is a Washington, D.C.,- based dietitian and founder of Flourish Heights, a women’s health and wellness platform. She has connected with hundreds of women locally and internationally to inspire healthy choices.
- Julie Harrington, RD – Julie is the culinary nutrition chef behind julieharingtonrd.com based in New Jersey. She teaches cooking classes and recently contributed to Living Plate’s “Coping with Cancer in the Kitche” research in collaboration with the American Institute of Cancer Research and Cancer Support Community.
- Emily Kyle, MS, RDN – Emily is the owner of the nutrition communication and consulting company, Emily Kyle Nutrition in New York. She makes frequent TV appearances, is a contributing author to many health publications and holds a captive audience on her social media channels.
- Stefanie Dove, RDN, SNS – Stefanie is the marketing and communication outreach coordinator for Loudoun County Public Schools in Loudoun, Virginia. She works closely with teachers and administrators to empower them to use school gardens and nutrition education in the classroom while providing students with authentic learning opportunities.
- Tessa Nguyen, RDN, LDN – Tessa is the founder and principal of Taste Nutrition Consulting from North Carolina. She is a professionally trained chef, providing culinary nutrition tips and approachable recipes to clients, brands and commodities. Tessa is a contributing author and recipe developer for multiple publications.
These five industry leaders and health advocates demonstrate a passion for the nutrition community.
Our judges, Jonathan Valdez, MBA, RDN, CSG, CDN, CCM, ACE-CPT; Amy Gorin, MS, RDN and Sylvia Klinger, DBA, MS, RD, LDN, CPT selected upwaRD™ honorees using a curated set of qualifications, including leading innovative nutrition education initiatives.
Read more about our winners here.
FoodMinds is a division of Padilla, an independently operated, globally resourced public relations and communication company with offices across the United States. The food and nutrition experts at FoodMinds navigate science, public affairs, consumer values and communication to create breakthrough strategies and help clients tell a better story. The firm has 40 employees, including 20 registered dietitians, along with a global network of nutrition affairs experts. We are consumed by food. Connect with us at FoodMinds.com.
Media Contact: Claudia Lambert, 312.248.8876, [email protected]